Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant – Asia Program
Founded in 1990 and guided by the values of collaboration, depth and feminism, Outright Action International strives to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people to live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. Outright Action International’s vision of change includes policy reform, legal challenges, coalition initiatives, and stronger LGBTI communities worldwide.
OutRight currently seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant for its Asia Program. This is a remote,part time consultancy position for a candidate preferably residing in Southeast Asia.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant will play an important role in gathering, organizing and reporting on two OutRight programs on combating Gender Based Violence (GBV) faced by LGBT people – one in the Philippines and one in Sri Lanka. They will report to the Asia Program Coordinator and the Senior Advisor of Global Advocacy.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing measures and metrics for monitoring the programs´ outputs and outcomes against the program goals and deliverables, using qualitative and quantitative project evaluation methods, and producing M&E data and reports (monthly and one final). This includes but is not limited to:
- Designing the M&E methodology for both programs
- Designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative questionnaires to be administered using safe online and offline communication methods
- Designing and implementing polls for mobile (phone, tablet) data collection
- Using digital storytelling to gather perspectives of LGBT groups over time in the programs
- Collecting video/audio/photography that gauge changes that have taken place over the program’s timeline
- If using focus group discussion techniques, ensure they are LGBT sensitive, appropriate and friendly
- If using individual in-person interview techniques, ensure they are LGBT sensitive, appropriate and friendly
- Collecting and retrieving data about program activities, results, context and other factors that influence the outputs and outcomes of the programs
- Collecting M&E information from multiple sources, such as individuals, groups, field observation, reviewing existing reports and others
- Conducting a thorough content data analysis, including comparison of actual program results against desired/expected program results and outcomes
- Producing quarterly text-based short M&E reports and a comprehensive final evaluation report of the program
- Producing short videos and infographics about program activities, program management, participants and beneficiaries in order to gauge responses to the program and show achievements, challenges, and impacts of program. (Videos could possibly be produced with external resources.)
- At least 5-year experience conducting programmatic monitoring and evaluation at country level and/or regional level, preferably in government-funded programs.
- Programmatic experience in combating gender-based violence (GBV or VAW) is preferred
- Understanding of culturally sensitive contexts and proven work experience in various cultural settings in Asia, preferably with LGBTIQ people
- Experience in communicating with various groups of people about culturally sensitive issues and topics, sometimes through using translation
- Command and comfort with digital and video cameras, performing light edits to media (if needed) and the ability to comfortably send and share media
- Based in Asia
- Willingness and ability to travel within Asia with requisite travel documents. (The program has a focus on the Philippines and Sri Lanka, so the applicant is preferably based in one of the two countries or can freely travel to both countries.)
- Highly fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to perform all M&E activities before 31 May 2020
This is not a full-time position. The assignment is estimated for a total of 40-45 days over almost 10 months with some scope for additional days, if necessary.
The deadline to apply for this assignment is Sunday 4 August, midnight Bangkok. Outright will then select the preferred candidates for an interview to be held in the second half of that same week. The preferred candidate should be able to start the assignment around 15th August.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position and a day rate, a 1 A-4 page M&E methodology summary you would apply for this assignment, a recent resume/CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “M&E Consultant for Asia Program” in the subject line.
OutRight Action International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, transgender/gender-variant individuals, and individuals from the Global South are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not call.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 19th August, 23.59 hrs., Bangkok
Published on July 24, 2019 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization