GLOBAL RESEARCH FELLOW
About OutRight Action International
Founded in 1990, OutRight Action International strives to help lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. Working from its offices in 7 countries and global headquarters in New York City, OutRight documents human rights violations, helps resource LGBTIQ movements and allies, and advocates for the rights of LGBTIQ people.
About the Position
OutRight currently seeks applicants for a paid full-time position of Global Research Fellow, a contract position for an 18-24 month term. The Global Research Fellow reports to the Global Research Coordinator. This position can be based anywhere in the world with strong internet connectivity.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Design and develop research projects utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and data collection with regard to LGBTI rights around the world.
- Conduct research; analyze finding; and write, edit and review reports, papers, media content, and other outputs based on research findings.
- Maintain familiarity with a range of current policy issues, debates, and proposals in the areas of LGBTI rights, women’s rights, HIV/AIDS, and related human rights.
- Collaborate on the research conducted by other OutRight programs.
- Substantial knowledge of and interest in current international LGBTI issues,
- Exceptional research, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- A master's degree in a relevant field is preferred, though we will consider candidates who have a bachelor's degree with extraordinary academic or professional credentials.
- 1-3 years of related work experience is required, along with demonstrated knowledge of various research methods and statistical techniques. Relevant coursework may count toward experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position, a resume/CV, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “Global Research Fellow” in the subject line.
OutRight is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, transgender/gender-variant individuals, and individuals from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not call.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 30, 2021
Published on June 7, 2021 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization