We call on our communities of Trans and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) People of Color (POC) and our allies to come together and join TransJustice as we mobilize for our 13th annual NYC Trans Day of Action for Social and Economic Justice!
As we recognize 13 years resisting the erasure of TGNC struggle during PRIDE season, we are also celebrating the launch of our campaign to make cultural and systemic changes around housing for Trans and Gender Nonconforming people.
We live in a time when oppressed peoples including people of color, immigrants, youth and elders, people with disabilities, women, Trans & Gender NonConforming people, and poor people are underserved, face higher levels of discrimination, heightened surveillance and experience increased violence at the hands of the state. We must unite and work together towards dismantling the transphobia, racism, classism, sexism, ageism, ableism, homophobia and xenophobia that permeates our movements for social justice.
We will gather at the Garibaldi Plaza near the east side of the Park at 1:30 PM!
Come, march along with us, and organize contingents for Trans Day of Action! A contingent is 5 or more people. Bring your banners, signs and drums and come resist the co-optation of our struggle!
- This march will take place at Washington Square Park in the West Village.
- The nearest accessible train station is West 4 St Station with the A, B, C, D, E, F, M lines.
- The elevator is at northeast corner of West 3rd Street and Sixth Avenue (Also known as Avenue of the Americas).
- The park is 2 blocks from the train station exit on W 3rd St and 6th Ave.
- The March is roughly 16 blocks long, will step off at the park and return to the park. The park has many benches for seating. This will be a large mobilization outdoors which severely limits our control of being scent free. We will be in close proximity to trees and plants.
- The restroom in the park is NOT listed as an accessible restroom, so we are currently trying to secure rest rooms in close proximity to the park that are accessible and will be posting that information as soon as possible.
We will have consecutive Spanish interpretation for our programming.
If there are any accessibility needs, questions, or desires you have that were not touched on in the access note, please feel free to email.
email email@example.com for any questions