On September 18, 2018, at 9AM, OutRight will present the results of OutRight Action International’s latest report, "The Global State of LGBTIQ Organizing: The Right to Register."
The report finds that LGBTIQ organizations are unable to register or cannot be found in 85 of 194 countries. In the worst cases, they experience state surveillance, indiscriminate arrests, state sanctioned violence, and are even branded as threats to national security. The report highlights 10 case studies which explain some of the work-arounds that groups have taken to still be able to operate.
|Introduction (10 minutes) - Paul Jansen, Global Advocacy Director, OutRight|
|Report Findings (15 minutes) - Dr Felicity Daly, Global Research Coordinator, OutRight|
|Impact/Case Study (10 minutes) - Neish McLean, Founder of TransWave Jamaica and Caribbean Officer at OutRight|
Please join the webinar 5 minutes prior to start time:
- New York, NY, USA*, EDT (UTC -4) - 9:00 am
- London, United Kingdom*, BST (UTC +1) - 2:00 pm
- Kingston, Jamaica, EST (UTC -5) - 8:00 am
- Beijing, China, CST (UTC +8) - 9:00 pm
- Los Angeles, CA, USA*, PDT (UTC -7) - 2018 6:00 am
- Chicago, IL, USA*, CDT (UTC -5) - 8:00 am
- Cairo, Egypt, EET (UTC +2) - 3:00 pm
- Beirut, Lebanon*, EEST (UTC +3) - 4:00 pm