Pride season is officially here – or should we say World Pride season? This is THE time of year to be Queer!
This World Pride will be a lot of firsts for me. I’ve never – not once – marched in a single Pride March before, or even participated in one. Well, I suppose that’s bound to change.
I think we’ve all heard the chant, “We’re here. We’re Queer. GET USED TO IT!” It’s a familiar stand in solidarity against the norm – the desire for people to conform to a certain ideal – and something I could always relate too.
I never felt the need to participate in Pride before; knowing who I am is pride enough for me. And even though I’m going a bit above and beyond by marching in World Pride 2019, my feelings still haven’t changed. But as they say, “Can’t knock it until you try it”.
Below, you’ll see OutRights “Pride Survival Guide” to get you through this year's World Pride Extravaganza in New York City. You can thank us for the amazing tips later.
Where to get your Pride gear stat!
OutRight is proud to have these amazing companies as our partners for World Pride month. All the net proceeds from their respective Pride collections will go towards supporting global LGBTIQ human rights. Donating to a great cause never looked so good.
- Levi’s Pride collection – Our amazing long-standing partner “Levi Straus” will be working with us throughout all of Pride Month. Every net purchase from their Pride collection goes to us and our mission to advance LGBTIQ human rights.
- Boohoo’s #LoveWithoutLimits collection – They have some amazing choices that you can wear year-round with “Pride!”
- Garage Clothing Pride collection – Their collection is just about to be released, so get ready to purchase some because going by their typical apparel, it’s bound to be cute!
- Critical Role Pride collection – Pride “geared” to the “gaymer” community. Take a stab – or a leap depending on your role – and pick the best loot, er shirt, you see.
- Eargasm Pride Collection – With Pride comes plenty of parties and celebrations for our Queerness! These can get quite loud, so keep your ears and mind with these fabulous earplugs – in Pride colors of course.
World Pride is expected to a busy time of year, but don’t miss out on the events OutRight will be hosting. And make sure to reach out to us if you want to march with us in World Pride or Trans Pride.
Wednesday June 19th, 6:30-9:00 PM – Front Line Defenders marks the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising by presenting 2019 Front Line Defenders award to 5 LGBTI+ rights defenders:
- Badr Baabou, DAMJ, Tunisia
- Veronika Lapina, Russian LGBT Network, Russia
- Shinta Ratri, Pondok Pesantren Waria al-Fatah, Indonesia
- Rosanna Marzán, Diversidad Dominicana, Dominican Republic
- Eric Sambisa, Nyasa Rainbow Alliance, Malawi
Together with the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights and Outright Action International, Front Line Defenders is bringing these 5 human rights defenders (HRDs) to NYC for meetings and events in advance of 2019 World Pride week.
June 24 - 25, 2019 – Human Rights Conference
NYC Pride’s Human Rights Conference is an exciting gathering of activists, artists, educators, journalists, policymakers, students, and others engaged in LGBTQIA+ human rights around the world. This two-day conference provides a unique opportunity for a global dialogue about human rights, ranging from performances to presentations, politics to policies, and activism to academics.
Friday, June 28th, 4-6 PM – Trans Day of Action
Annually, OutRight marches in the Trans Day of Action and this year we’ll be doing again! If you’re interested in standing with allies and trans folks alike, please stand with us in solidarity. Now more than ever, the transgender community needs our support.
Sunday, June 30th, kickoff at NOON – NYC World Pride March
OutRight will be marching again this year, so make sure you come out and walk with us in solidarity! Our walk-off time is currently at 3 PM, and we’ll be meeting a bit before to hand out wristbands to everyone whose marching.
Email us at email@example.com for more details and if you’re interested in marching with us!
Suggested events in New York City from OutRight staff
June 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th 2:30 PM – Beyond Stonewall LGBT History Tour
June 13th–July 6th, Thurs. - Sun.: 8 PM Saturdays: 2PM & 8 PM – Criminal Queerness Festival – reflect on the status of U.S civil rights, and those abroad.
June 15th - 30th, 2019 – The Ambisextrous by Lex Barberio -– Exhibition expanding the definition of LGBTIQ beauty through the non-binary and gender fluid.
Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 7:00 PM - 9 :00 PM – Pride Poetry Extravaganza
Friday, June 21st, 2019 5 PM - 9 PM – Met Fridays Pride
Fri, June 21 - Sun, June 23, 2019 – Chelsea Challenge 2019 – The world's largest international LGBTQIA+ and friends annual ice hockey tournament.
June 21 - 27, 2019 – Queen of the Ride – 1 hour long motorcoach ride with drag performances!
Sunday, June 23, 2019 – Bronx Pride Festival
June 24 - 25, 2019 – Human Rights Conference
Tue, June 25, 2019 - Time: 6 - 10pm – Gamechangers – How LGBTQIA+ leaders changed the entertainment industry
Thurs, June 27 - Sun, June 30, 2019 – Gay & Sober Pride Events
Friday, June 28, 2019 - Time: 6 - 9pm – Rally: Stonewall 50 Commemoration
Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 5pm - Dyke March is a demonstration exercises their First Amendment right to protest and takes place without permits or sponsors.
Sunday, June 30, 2019 - Time: 4pm - Midnight – Femme Fatale – NYC’s IT inclusive LGBTQIA+ party.
Sunday, June 30, 2019 - Time: 11am - 6pm – PrideFest – An after Pride March street festival
Published on June 4, 2019 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization