The exciting opportunity to work in OutRight's small and fast-paced Development Department will provide exposure to a range of strategies used to support a non-profit organization, including foundation and grant proposals, corporate and organizational sponsorship, individual donor solicitation, special event planning and product sales.
Development Interns will work with OutRight staff as an integral part of the team by:
- Conducting research, tracking findings, developing a strategy related to prospective funding sources, including foundations, corporations and major donors
- Monitoring marketing and fundraising trends within the fields of LGBTIQ advocacy and international human rights
- Helping to plan and organize fundraising events, including at least one house party and our large annual awards ceremony
- Working with volunteers and the OutRight Engagement committees worldwide
- Providing assistance tracking and managing donors
This position requires strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication, familiarity with Excel/Word and skillful ability with Internet searches. Fundraising, marketing and database experience a plus.
What former interns are saying
Through my internship in Development at OutRight, I learned the basics of non-profit fundraising, while working alongside an incredible team of queer folx! I learned many technical skills of development, from event logistics and digital fundraising, to managing a CRM database. Beyond my technical growth, I was able to directly interact with and form relationships with supporters and volunteers, reaffirming my commitment to protecting human rights for LGBTIQ people. - Kaitlin Abrams, Colgate University
Published on April 29, 2020 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization