IGLHRC YPEC Mission: The mission of The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission’s Young Professionals Engagement Committee is to support and promote the efforts of IGLHRC to emerging young leaders.
Goals for IGLHRC’s Young Professional Engagement Committee
- Outreach/Awareness: YPEC seeks to engage people who may be unaware but likely interested in the mission of LGBTQ advocacy abroad, through workplace LGBTQ resource groups, University Alumni organizations and individual connections; building awareness about this issue and IGLHRC of future young leaders.
- Fundraising: The YPEC seeks to raise funds though events, educational experiences and targeted outreach for IGLHRC’s programs.
- Diversity: IGLHRC seeks to bring together young professionals from a multitude of backgrounds, fields and experiences to work together to engage young people in promoting human rights for LGBTQ people everywhere.
Role of the Chair of the YPEC
- Lead a group of like-minded young professionals in advancing LGBTQ human rights
- Recruit a full YPEC board and create leadership positions to assist in building the organization
- Organize awareness and fundraising events targeted at young professionals
- Expected Time Commitment: 2 to 5 hours per week, depending on upcoming events
- Role is for one year with potential for additional years
Benefits for the YPEC Chair
- Make a truly global impact on the LGBTQ community
- Developing important leadership skills, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Invitations to exclusive events at the United Nations and other LGBTQ advocacy events
- Expanding your professional network across industries and nonprofits
- Mentorship from other LGBTQ leaders
- Recommendations to graduate schools or employers from esteemed senior LGBTQ leaders
We invite anyone who is dedicated to build awareness around LGBTQ human rights abroad to apply to be the Chair of the Young Professional Engagement Committee by submitting an application of intent (no more than one page) explaining your interest and qualifications for the position. Please also include your resume and send to the current chair, Victor Eng at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 13th, 2015. Please note that this position is based in NYC, and we request in-person interviews if possible. Applicants will be invited to interview on a case-by-case basis.
Published on April 2, 2015 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization