About OutRight Action International
Founded in 1990, OutRight Action International strives to help lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. Working from its offices in 7 countries and global headquarters in New York City, OutRight documents human rights violations, helps resource LGBTIQ movements and allies, and advocates for the rights of LGBTIQ people.OutRight is currently seeking an Operations Associate to support all aspects of OutRight’s operational functions. This position will be located in our New York office.
About the Position
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Operations Assistant will work closely with all OutRight staff to support administrative, human resources and all technologies.
- Works closely with Head of Operations on administrative and operational initiatives and processes to ensure OutRight functions smartly and smoothly
- Supports OutRight staff with technology including computers, hardware, software, and apps
- Assists with financial administration including expenses management, allocations, billing and invoicing, payment approvals and payroll backups
- Supports human resources including recruiting and benefits administration
- Supports efforts to improve and streamline OutRight’s internal infrastructure and procedures
- Conducts research regarding organizational infrastructure and systems
- Provides ad hoc support in troubleshooting and preventing administrative or operational problems
- Interacts with staff to ensure everyone is working efficiently and kept up to date on operational updates
- Assists with legal and grant compliance
- Other administrative and support work, as needed
- An understanding and passion for LGBTIQ human rights in a global context
- 2 years of experience performing administrative support
- Ability to learn new tech
- Detail-oriented and committed to efficiency
- Proven ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with many stakeholders and manage multiple projects while being a committed team player
- Understanding and some experience in finance, human resources and IT
- Proficient in Google Suite, Excel, Zoom, CRMs and other admin software
- A commitment to discretion, particularly in relation to human resources, confidentiality and safety and security concerns
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position, a resume/CV, and a relevant writing/editing sample relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to "Operations Assistant" in the subject line.
OutRight Action International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color and transgender/gender-nonconforming/non-binary individuals are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not call.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 9, 2021
Published on June 15, 2021 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization