A lesbian in the Middle East finds a Persian language website and discovers information to keep herself safe and get help from trusting people. A transgender woman from the Phillipines finds herself in a situation involving police and is surprised to be treated with dignity and fairness, thanks to officers who participated in human rights sensitivity training. Activists in Zambia are able to take their rights demands to lawmakers – and have their voices heard.
Every day around the world, the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) fights across five continents to combat discrimination and hostile, oppressive and unconscionable laws.
Your small donation can have an enormous impact on the lives of LGBTI individuals and activists who IGLHRC supports with the tools they need to fight injustice, and stay the course in their struggle to overcome oppression.
Our community continues to face heartbreaking obstacles across the globe. But every donation opens the door just a little bit further, removing one more hurdle to the day when we can achieve full equality.
- $10 provides LGBT-sensitivity and resource toolkits to journalists or activists
- $50 enables security training to advocates in hostile environments like Guyana or Tunisia
- $200 arranges LGBT sensitivity training to law-enforcement in places like the Philippines
- $400 ensures emergency assistance to refugees from Iraq, Iran, Syria, and the Gambia
- $1000 sends activists from the Middle East or Africa to LGBT human rights documentation and advocacy training
- $1500 brings activists to the United Nations to testify against government abuses
- $3000 funds a scholarship for an Iranian LGBT activist to advance LGBT rights and community capacity
In order to participate in these and countless other actions to advance global LGBT rights, help us meet our goal of $5,000 by Thursday for Give OUT Day. Also, thanks to Douglas Choo and David Noble we have a matching grant of $5,000. For every dollar we raise, we will get a match; if we can reach that goal of $5,000, we can ensure $10,000 goes toward the needs of activists and advocates around the world!
Published on May 20, 2015 | OutRight Action International an LGBT human rights organization